In April 2010, Albany 2030 held the second round of Community Forums in three locations around the City. These forums first focused on reviewing and affirming the Draft Vision Statement created from input gathered in various ways, including the Kickoff Forums. Participants then brainstormed on Goals to help the City achieve the Draft Vision, and then Strategies for meeting these Goals. Lastly, participants were asked to note where Goals for meeting one Vision Component also helped achieve another Vision Component (e.g., a Goal for Multi-Modal Transportation also impacts creating Vibrant Urban Centers). Preliminary results are available below.
Three forums were held with over 100 participants overall:
- Thursday, April 22nd, 6:30-9:30 PM, at Albany High School
- Friday, April 23rd, 1:00 PM-4:00 PM, at the North Albany YMCA
- Saturday, April 24th, 9:00 AM-12:00, at Bishop Maginn School
The forums are part of a larger public engagement process that will include a third round of Community Forums, online input via the Citizen Journal, a Facebook page with opportunities for discussion, a photo competition, and Twitter and text messaging campaigns.
Results are available by clicking on the links below:
- Draft Vision Statement Response (Polling and Demographics)
- Goals and Strategies
- Connections between Vision Components
In addition to the Forums, the exercises were conducted at some existing community gatherings and additional meetings were held. Results from these gatherings are available at the links below:
- Youth Workforce Services Gathering, May 12, 2010
- Westview Homes Senior Gathering, May 17, 2010
- Arbor Hill Meeting, June 1, 2010
- Capitol City Rescue Gathering, June 2, 2010
Coverage of Community Forum 2 and Albany 2030:
- YNN TV News Coverage
- Times Union Coverage
- Lynn Allard Times Union Blog Entry
- WGY Podcast with Doug Melnick, Director of Development and Planning, about Albany 2030
See more Albany 2030 media coverage here.